St Martha's

The only known image of the Norman church complete with its tower appears as a crude drawing on a map of Tyting Farm. The plan is drawn on paper watermarked 1825 and has the title “Rough Plan of Tyting the church or chapel then had a tower”. As the tower had fallen in 1745 it would appear that this picture of St Martha’s was copied from an earlier image.